My mom recently got diagnosed with cancer

• 23 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi all im new to this but my mom has recently been diagnosed with cervical cancer at stage 3c1 and its spread and shes so scared and doesnt know what to expect, we know shes got to have both radio and cemo she has an appointment next week to discuss treatment plan ect but we all so scared and dont know what to expect if anyone has any advice for me that would be great my family are heartbroken but my mom is really struggling with it. Thank you for listening 

• Hi LilZoe.  So pleased your mum is going for her planning scan today, she really has nothing to fear.  It also means that treatment will be starting very soon and that will help you both enormously.  Please let us know how she gets on xxx

• Hi Julie

The anxiety about scans can be so awful and stressful, but that’s such a great result. Part of my emergency hospital admission was a CT scan and I had the results in a couple of hours-no time to stress! I’ve been really unwell for quite a while but feeling much better now thankfully. Still waiting to go back into hospital and then potentially looking at further surgery, but I’ve been told it will likely be very difficult due to my pelvic exenteration so we’ll see. In a bit of limbo at the moment!

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Oh bless you Sarah,  that limbo feeling is just horrible as well but very glad you're feeling much better.  I really do hope it all works out for you. You deserve it and you are a fighter, there's no doubting that!  xxx