Cervical cancer

• 21 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Recently been diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer at this moment have declined treatment, how fast does it spread been told its aggressive and how long am I likely to remain well for 

Heads in a bubble the drs and nurses use all these long words and it's to much ro take in 

• Oh Sarah, wishing you such a huuuge happy birthday xxx

• Hey Big bang theory hope your well. Omg I was petrified I remember thinking I didn't want the treatment when I heard all the side effects I couldn't see a positive and I didn't think I could do it. But I have I'm so proud of myself and my outlook is now so different. 

• Oh this post Sarah Happy 60th Birthday I hope you have an amazing time you deserve it lovely. 

Candy these woman are incredible we will support you through this. This is a safe place you can come to and share your deepest darkest thoughts and worries and there is no judgement just understanding and support. These incredible woman got me through my darkest days. I was so overwhelmed at first I couldn't cope now I'm laughing and proud and getting through. You will too x

• Hi 

How are you doing? I hope you’ll come back and chat with us if you can. And I hope some of the other ladies have been able to give you some reassurance about treatment by giving their experiences. Take care,

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hiya Sarah, been feeling rather low these last few days and in rather a large amount of pain, but reading some of the other ladies experiences has settled me somewhat and things are starting to sink in and I do feel a bit easier about starting treatment, knowing that there are people who have been through the experience out there that I can talk to has made me feel a whole lot easier 

• Hi Candy. I'm glad you've messaged. You've been in my thoughts since the other day. Sorry to hear your in pain. Its understandable that your feeling low. I am sure we can all relate hun its a very difficult time. Please know we're here to support you. I'm glad your feeling a little easier about treatment I know how daunting it can be. 

• Hi Candy

I’m so pleased that you feel a bit better about things, but I hope your pain is being managed well enough. No wonder you’re feeling low-this is a big thing to get your head around and the unknown is scary. But we’re all here to help you along as much as we can. So many of us have been through this so we know exactly what it feels like. I’m glad you’ve come back and posted again-I’ve been thinking about you and hoping you were coping with everything as much as can be expected. I think we all found things actually became easier when we started treatment because we felt we were getting on and doing something positive.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi Candy22 and Sarah H.

My CC diagnosis was 'at least a Stage 2b, Grade II' I'm 55.  My treatment went like this - radiotherapy every weekday for 5 weeks, Cisplatin chemo every Wednesday during those 5 weeks.  After that, 2  sessions of brachytherapy.  Candy, I would not lie to you personally or on a public space like this.  I have never felt so well looked after in my life.  I had anti-sickness and anti-nausea meds from the outset and they worked!  In fact the steroids had me lusting after family size cottage pie in the supermarket.  I slept well at night and was able to function normally during the day.  To avoid indigestion I slept with my pillows propped up.  My bowels changed (think baby poo) but no pain with that.  Just a dullish ache sometimes in the pelvic area.  I'm really hoping as I'm writing this that you are on the journey! It is personal choice, but I have come out on the other side  person who has changed for the better and I have nothing but positive things to say about my treatment.

Look forward to hearing an update xxx

• Hi 

I don’t think I’ve met you before in the group, so welcome and thank you for sharing your story. Hopefully this will be further encouragement to 

Perhaps when you get a moment you could update your profile with your details so everyone can see where you are and what brought you here-it’s helpful to save you getting asked the same questions and repeating yourself. You can also make a new post to introduce yourself so the ladies here can get to know you-sometimes responding to an older post means your response can get missed.

How are you doing now? Hope all is well, and it’s lovely to meet you. You have a really positive story to tell, and that’s always encouraging for new members and those about to start their treatment. Please do keep in touch. I hope we’ll hear back from Candy too.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

• Hi Sarah,

Yes, I'm new on here and actually signed up to look at something quite unrelated but saw Candy's post and felt compelled to reply.  I will do the bio, and I do hope it will help others.  Have shied away before from too much sharing on the internet as not everyone has such a positive (so far) experience.

Currently I have the usual gas, bowel - well textbook after effects, but will have PET and MRI scan in August to see how the tumour has responded, and as long as I plan out where the bathrooms are, I am functioning well and enjoying life, thank you!

Hope you are feeling well too, your experience was clearly a tough marathon, but your summary of your actions / decisions and attitude are nothing short of inspirational. 

Yes, come on Candy22, we're all rooting for you wherever you are and whatever you are doing / feeling.

Sabah xx