Bleeding from vagina after bowel movement

• 3 replies
  • 24 subscribers

I have stage 3c cervical cancer and I am now entering my 2nd week of treatment. I have radiotherapy 5 days a week and chemotherapy once a week. My tumor comes down and out instead of up. Basically I have noticed recently when I have a bowl movement I start to bleed from my vagina, it doesn't last long but it is every time and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same type of issue and if they could give me any advice?

Is it happening because I push and possibly pop a vein on the tumor? I just don't know 

• Hi  and welcome to our group.

I haven’t personally had this happen during treatment but I think it would be worthwhile mentioning it when you see your consultant at your weekly treatment review. I also had my tumour grow down into my vagina so I did have a lot of bleeding which stopped about 2 weeks into radiotherapy. It would be best to check things out, but hopefully it will just be an effect of the treatment. Your dr should be able to advise and put your mind at rest. 

How are you finding the treatment generally? I found by the 3rd week I was very tired and had issues with diarrhoea and cystitis which did clear up quickly after my treatment finished-I had 32 radiotherapy treatment so it did seem endless at the time! Hopefully your coping ok.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you so much for your reply. I will mention it tomorrow when i go back for treatment. I am currently experiencing a lot of hip pain which is making it hard for me to walk around but I have been given some strong painkillers to try and see how I get on, I also feel very tired all the time, but apart from that I don't feel too bad if I'm honest. The days I have chemotherapy are definitely the hardest, I find myself going straight to bed when I get home and just sleeping until the next day. 

I really do appreciate your reply, I also have autism so speaking about in general is hard for me and it makes me not want to talk at all at times which I know Is not good for my mental health 

Xx

• I definitely had a lot of problems with hip pain, and still do, so I hope your painkillers help out. It can be hard to lie on the radiotherapy table when you’re sore.

Chemo days are very long days aren’t they? But it’s best just to sleep when you need to-your body is going through a lot with the chemo and radiotherapy and I used to rest in the day before going to my radiotherapy session. The treatment is very intense over a relatively short time, but it definitely takes it out of you.

I hope you’ll feel able to chat when you need to in the group-I don’t have autism but I do have some issues with my mental health which can make it hard for me to open up about things. I am hopefully getting better dealing with that. If you can feel able to open up a bit we can hopefully help support you and encourage you through. Never worry about what you need to ask-we all are a bit thrown into the deep end with all of this and those of us who have been through the treatment will try our best to help you. 

I hope you can have a chat about the bleeding today with your team. Keep going and getting through!

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm