Brachytherapy - discharge

• 4 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi

I had brachytherapy that finished on 26 July. They told me I’d had a complete response to treatment.  I’ve had watery yellow discharge with no smell since. Is this normal? I’ve tried to contact the advanced radiographer with no luck. 

I really hope this is normal and not a sign that it’s come back this soon. 

• Hi Frenchie

How did you cope in the end with the brachytherapy? I remember how worried you were about it. 

I’m not able to answer your question since I didn’t have brachytherapy, but hope one of the others can come along and reassure you. 

I’d recommend giving your CNS a call on Monday as they are usually good for advice if you have any questions, but they don’t normally work at the weekend. Or drop them an email they can pick up on Monday and ask them to give you a call. 

You’ll have a bit of a wait now before your scan to check how things have gone, but I bet you’re glad it’s all done with now!

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• It wasn’t nice - I didn’t have the best experience. Not because of my fear (although that wasn’t great either) but because of pain/spinal wearing off and nurses not being very nice (one gave me cornflakes to eat while flat on my back). 

this sounds so stupid but I’m frightened of calling anyone because they might make me come back in to see them and I don’t know if I’m ready yet. I was so pleased they said full response to treatment. I definitely need a break from medical stuff. 

I was hoping other people had the same and that would reassure me 

• Hi Frenchie

I can understand your reluctance to go back in and be seen. My understanding is that discharge is common after brachytherapy, but hopefully you’ll get some more replies to confirm this from others. But I’m sure the nurse could reassure you on the phone without the need to be seen. 

You’ll have a bit a break from seeing the medical team now-my first check up was 6 weeks after treatment ended, and my post treatment mri was 3 months after treatment.  

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hiya, I had brachytherapy. I don’t recall any discharge but I would bleed which would freak me the hell out. I’ve read that yellow discharge  can be normal. If you’re worried maybe make an appt with ur gp just to check it’s not a UTI xx