Painkillers

• 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

My wife has been diagnosed with cervical cancer as well has having bilateral nephrostomies.she is on a not of pain killers.gaberfentine.clonazepam.paracetomol and alfetanil by syringe pump. As well as shortec breakthrough tablets.although they are helping the pain.the side affects are not good leaving her at times spaced out and extremely tired all the time and also erratic bowel movements.she will be starting radiotherapy soon.had anybody else had similar experiences with side affects and could give some advice.thank you

• Hi  I'm so sorry to read that your wife is suffering with side effects as the result of her painkillers.

I just dropped by, I have a different type of cancer, and noticed you've not yet had a reply so your post will now be bumped back up to the top of the listings and I hope a member of this group will be along soon to offer any advice.

In the meantime, it might be a good idea to contact her CNS for advice or Ask a Nurse here on the forum but you may need to wait a day or two for a reply.

Sending hugs, B x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett