Breast cancer / secondary bone cancer

• 8 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hello everyone 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 weeks ago which was very traumatic I went through some tests and it was discovered that the cancer has spread to my bones which means I have secondary cancer it’s really went me in to a complete break down emotionally I can’t stop crying and feel so overwhelmed I stared chemotherapy 2 weeks ago I do have great family but just feel so consumed with my diagnosis.

is there anyone out there that is living with bone cancer ? If so I’d love to hear your experience of living with this 

many thanks 

• Hi there lightlove

I was exactly in the same position as you this time last year. Diagnosed in may 2020 with primary BC and secondary in spine and hip in September 2020. I was halfway through chemo so my treatment was changed to targeted, I'm on palbociclib, letrozole and denosumab bone injection. I struggled with the diagnosis and had to go on antidepressants for the first time in my life. One year later, I'm back working full-time and my scans have all been stable so far. The treatments have moved on and there's more in the pipeline. Stay strong and take care

Jools xx

• Hi Lightlove, 

Like Jools50 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and secondary bone and liver cancer this year, less than six months ago and like her am having targeted therapy, letrozole, palbociclib and about to start denosumab this month.

Have a scan coming up but have already been told my lump in my breast has decreased from the medication, and my cancer markers are coming down too.

Stay strong, people can be stable for a long time on meds. It's overwhelming at the start but you will find your level. x

• Thanks for the encouragement x 

• Thanks for the encouragement x

• Good luck with your upcoming scan Kiwi Gal, I'm waiting for results of my latest CT, scanxiety well underway!

• You too my friend and for all out there that are scanning with their fingers crossed. I recommend a large Baileys over ice for the nerves x

• Large G&T for me thanks!! Champagne glassSmiley

• Hi Lightlove please stay calm and breathe. I have been where u are and 3 years down the line I have a much better perspective now. It’s a pants diagnosis but take it one stage at a time. There are many on here who have been living with it for many years. I know of one lady who has had it almost 20 years in her bones. It is possible to live with it and live well. I do Pilates for the aches and pains and I have found a brand of letrazole which suits me. I wish you well     Boogirlxx