Fulvestrant (Faslodex)

• 9 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Are the injections painful?  1-2 minutes for each buttock sounds horrendous.  My oncologist is discussing whether to change my regime to Fulvestrant and Abemaciclib instead of Letrozole and Palbociclib, which I have been on for a year.

• Hi Diana72,

I’ve been having Fulvestrant for just over a year now. The injections sting a little but are absolutely NOT horrendous. I have 2 nurses do them simultaneously which is great as it’s over so quickly!  I have found this treatment so easy with little in the way of side effects and will be disappointed when/if I need to change to something else.

MaggieMac

• MaggieMac, Thank you! Very reassuring.  I have till Monday to decide and I think you've tipped the balance. Diana
  • You could ask for numbing cream /spray ?

• Diane 72 I have fulvestrant monthly sting a bit but not too bad then an achy butt for a couple of days which then disappears. I am on abemaciclib hope all goes well for you 

• Tx for all replies to my post about Fulvestrant. Had my first Fulvestrant jabs yesterday. Today my legs feel like jelly. Has that been others' experience? Does this effect  it wear off?

• Diana72. Sorry you've felt off since your injections. I don't get wobbly legs but for 2 days you'd think I'd been kicked  by a horse at both sides this then disappears. Hope you feel better soon.

• Hi again,

This isn’t something that I’ve experienced, so hope that it’s a ‘one off’ and that you’re OK next time.

MaggieMac

• I've had 3 lots of the injections and no pain at all.  No pain when they injections the fulvestrant no pain afterwards. The nurses warm the liquid by letting me hold the liquid in the container . They then put the needles in, say 321 and jab but it is painless. 

• I'm being moved off Anastrozol tablets this week and being moved onto Fulvestrant injections. 

Oncologist told me when she looked at my recent Ct scan and MRI results, she found more cancer in my upper spine and my other tumors are bigger.

I burst into tears at the news, I am in lots of pain already and dont know if I am strong enough to cope with pain of the injections