Feel so guilty

• 1 reply
  • 29 subscribers

I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in October 22.. it took me 3 months to actually see a doctor because I thought the lump was getting smaller! And now I feel so guilty because if I went to get it checked earlier maybe I could have been cured! Now I’m so scared of leaving my beautiful children and grandchildren! My heads a mess and I’m trying to stay positive! I don’t wanna die yet because  I've got so much to live for! Cancer sucks!!

• Hi Lindz welcome to the forum. I dont think you need to be beating yourself up about not going sooner, many of us have been in the same boat and its not helpful for any of us to beat ourselves up so cut yourself some slack. 

Have they given you any potential outcome or timeframe or has treatment put things into abeyance for you? Cancer as you know does indeed suck but the treatments have moved on so far and so fast over the years that many people now live with Cancer as opposed to dying from Cancer.  You keep that chin up and we are all thinking of you and will be here for you as you need us to be . 

Sending some hugs your way for now. x

gail

Community Champion Badge