Secondary TNBC trials

• 13 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hi all, I was diagnosed just before Christmas with invasive ductal BC. Ater many tests and scans if was found to have quickly spread to my lungs. My treatment options are now much more limited.

I have been offered a  place on a trial that I have been told has been pretty successful for many patients. All of the side effects seem pretty similar to standard treatment.

Has anyone else taken part in a trial & how did you get on with it?

Look forward to hearing from anyone 

• That's good to know. This is an 8 year study. I've already been badly affected by side effects from the initial chemotherapy and the trial is randomised for preventative TNBC so I could have one of three drugs. I'm concerned about the risks of more side effects or making my peripheral-neuropathy worse. My feet, legs, gut and fingers are affected. 

Best wishes, x

• I've been offered Capecitabine after radiotherapy as a preventative for future reoccurance following lumpectomy which still had cancer cells. Or I can join an 8 year trial which is randomised whereby I could be given the tablets, or a new drug licenced for lung cancers, or the new drug and an immunotherapy drug. As I've already had bad side effects to the initial chemotherapy (peripheral-neuropathy in my feet, legs, gut and fingers) I'm concerned about it making it worse or new ones developing.

I hope you have good results and positive outcomes 

X

• I guess it's a bit of a gamble as to what will have the best outcome for you.

If you do go on the trial, remember that you can decide that come off at anytime if you feel it's not right for you & you can then go back to the Capecitanine option, but you may not get an option to go on the trial if you decide to take the standard treatment route first.

I was very lucky that the trial I'm on was just reopened for candidates when I had my diagnosis. If it had been a couple of months earlier I wouldn't have been offered the trial place.

It's a choice only you can take. No guarantees on how you'll reacted to either.

Good luck with everything Prayx