Piqray and fulvesnt

• 21 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi all. I have just started Piqray with Fulvesnt (think that is how you spell it)  So far the side effects are fairly mild apart from the fatigue which has been relentless this last few days. I don't think there is many people on it as you need to have a certain mutation in the cancer, its something to do with the HER. But I would love to know if there is anyone having this treatment and how your getting on with it. 

BlushHeart️

• I take them in the morning after breakfast, as I have to take the diabetes medication in the morning. I'm glad you don't get too many side effects, I find them quite manageable. I hope your blood sugar levels stay normal. 

Heart️

Lils x
  • Hi Lilly, I’m waiting to hear results from biopsy to see if this can be my next treatment. From my results last week capecitabine has stopped working for me after 10 months and it has all progressed again in liver & lung pleurisy. I’m absolutely beside myself with worry  & fear of the unknown ! Trying to stay positive & I wish you well x 

• Hi,

I'm signing up for this treatment next week so will keep you posted. x

• Good luck longships x 

• Hi lily0403 I'm just about to start Piqray and wondered how you're getting on?

• Hi i am on them as well, had my first scan on them and got no progression and one has shrunk and the other less solid. If you are starting take an antihistamine a couple of days before and keep taking them, watch out for the famous skin rash about days 8-12 and report it to your team, I was on 300mg have been down to 150mg for a couple of months just going back up to 209mg, I feel well, I work still, just if you get mega thirsty ask to have blood sugar checked as my escalated massively and now on diabetic drugs twice a day, but I’ll take that for how I feel and the results so far. Good luck and always happy to chat x x Hope everyone else on chat is ok x x 

• Hi Rosie71 thank you for your reply that's really encouraging.I'm fearful because I'm type 2 diabetic already and on highest dose of metformin so worried how this will adversely affect it and how/who will help manage it. GP and oncology don't communicate well. That and the dreaded rash ! Did the rash go away eventually ? 

• I’m on 2000mg of Metformin, 10mg of Jardinance, I’ve had to cut out most sugar but have a treat now and then, don’t drink alcohol anymore but for the results I’ve had I don’t miss it, lost about three dress sizes and feel better for it, found having bowl mini shredded wheat for breakfast with glass water, then I snack on a handful of blueberries and strawberries throughout the morning have a wrap or sandwich on brown for lunch and then healthy evening meal not much pasta. Potatoes that sort of thing has kept me with tablets balanced on blood sugar, rash weirdly worked it’s way down my body then has not come back again, good luck this drug for me is worth all the hard work on blood sugar’s x x x 

• Hi Rosie71.

Im new here & meeting my Oncologist tomorrow re Pikray .

I have tested positive for the pik mutation & she’s keen for me to start this after Ibrance - Fulvestrant combo has stopped working for me . 
    I am so worried about the side effects, as my quality of life for the past year on Ibrance has been pretty good .

I’ve had chemo, radio , mastectomy you name it over the last 10 years - really do not want to go down the Chemo rd again See no evilso I’m hoping the Pikray may not be as bad as I think ?

Your feedback would be really appreciated .

many thanks & I do hope you are doing well Blush

• Hi , yes I’m really keen to hear from anyone on Pikray pleeeease, I’ve tested pos for the pik mutation & have to n m are a decision on this or chemo again in the next few days See no evilbut I’m very sceptical due to side effects / diabetes. 
     Thanks to anyone out there for your feedback Kissing heart