Palbociclib

• 20 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer in 2013. 
ive recently been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. 
it came as a massive shock to me. 
yesterday I started targeted therapy, Palbociclib 125mg and  Letrozole. I’m trying to find out how others have been doing on it. How long should I expect to start getting side affects, and what are others most common side affects. 

• I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer and told that I would have palliative care treatment. Oncology prescribed palbociclib and letrozole. I had scans after 3 months and was told result very positive After the next scan 3 months on I was told by the breast consultant that there was a possibility of an op should the next scan be as encouraging. it was and so after diagnosis in November I had mastectomy in august. My lymph nodes were aalso removed and because I had a spare tyre they were able to use that to replace the removed tissue. I was told that they thought the area clear but to be sure I am having a course of radio therapy. I still have the secondary in my lung but the palbociclib has reduced it considerable. I do not know any of the measurements you asked about. My consultant was very positive about the op after the disease had reduced. I just have to wait and see whether it was worthwhile. I still have the small amount in the lung so hopefully the palbociclib will work to control it. Hope this helps   Don’t give up I was told no op in November and then had op in august

• Thank you  so much for replying. I was diagnosed with breast cancer then told 2 weeks later advanced, stage 4 as in sternum as well.  Non curable, no surgery and treatment would be about quality of life.  Seriously came away from the meeting thinking I wasnt going to be here long at all!  Thankfully I was given more information a few days later. That I wasn't going anywhere for a good few years yet, treatment aim is to reduce tumours and keep them stable.  And a great piece of advice I had was not to look at this as a terminal disease but as a chronic health condition. 

There's many very positive posts on the treatment so I'm more at ease with a lot if things now from looking at these forums. Thank you for sharing your infomation with me, it definatley makes me feel more positive, hopefully this treatment will work well on me as well to have surgery in thr future, tiime will tell.  

All the best. x

• You sound simikar to me. My markers were over 1000 and now 55. Tired, ulcers, spots and cold sores but stable.  

LaneyD

• Hello, a bit late, but I’m on similar treatment (Pablo and letrozole). Been on them since Nov 2020. 
    I just get tired on the drugs. Fine most of the day, but just after 17:00. Sometimes I’m fine and sometimes I’m not. Who knows?!

That’s the only side effects I have though other than bowel movements being changeable. 

I do keep busy. I have 3 and 7 year old daughters and I work 28hrs a week running a company. I swim and do yoga and I’ve even played a few netball games again recently. Lockdown has been fairly helpful in some ways as I don’t have to travel as much.

There have definitely been highs and lows, but my cancer has only shrunk so far.

• Thank you for sharing. I have metastatic breast cancer after 5 years clear. I have started letrozole and commence Pablo this week. I think I have been reading too much and am so scared. As a Mum to teenagers your post has helped me with some perspective on Pablo. 

• Yes, I was worried about Pablo before I started. I was careful when I first started, tried to take it easy, but was fine. I try not to do too much on the last few days of the 3 weeks, but sometimes this isn’t possible. I’ve also found it helps to explain to people that if I don’t feel great I won’t be able to make a dinner/night out etc. I didn’t do that to start with and suffered unnecessarily. Good luck and if I can help in anyway then you know where I am.

• Hi..

I have had noncurable breast cancer for 

About 17 years and still here to tell the tail.. treatments are constantly advancing that's why a lot of us are still here. 

May the research and new treatments continue..

It is very hard not to worry but please try.. we all have our up and down days. 

Have a fab Christmas and New year.

• Wow that’s amazing. Thank you for sharing. 

• 17 years.... these are the stories people who are newly diagnosed need to see and hear about as it helps a lot. 

Some days I'm fine and positive and other days well..... !!!   Think I'm getting sorted and treatment plan will be in place, then another curve ball is thrown into the mix and more scans are needed. Frustrating but I also know they need to be done to get me on the right treatment. We'll get there. Relaxed

Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2022. xx