Endocrine treatment

• 3 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Hello I was diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time last year and have had a mastectomy. I am taking letrozole and zoladex ? I was just wondering does anyone have any side effects my feet seem to ache and get very tired.

• Hi Bobble

Sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with breast cancer.  While I don't have the experience you are looking for I noticed that you haven't had any answers so I thought I'd reply to you to move you to the top of the discussion. Hopefully someone will be along soon to give you the benefit of their experience.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi , I have been taking letrozole since April and have had terrible joint pain , experiencing tiredness and weight gain . I have just been changed to Anastrazole but today seen my oncologist and as I will be getting Chemotherapy very soon not to start them . I was told all side effects quite normal but it can be very draining and I wish you all the best and hope you can cope with it xx

• Hi I am not in your situation but I relate to the foot pain. Mine is the result of arthritis in the subtar joint from an injury going back 25 years, chemo therapy contributing neuropathy, damaged nails plus letrozole (now replaced by exemestane) contributing to increased stiffness and arthritis. My feet are v flat and have increased from an 8 pre chemo to a 10. I don't have zoladex. 
    • I wear an ankle elastic support and do foot stretch exercises 
    •  Ask for a referral to a physiotherapist, then ask for aqua physio(you have to ask it is rarely offered). When that finishes look for an aqua fit class. I now go 4-5 times a week. It is great because I can exercise without enduring painful feet.
    • I think you sound quite young but if your feet are making walking difficult (not impossible but uncomfortable) Apply for a disabled. Parking badge. A diagnosis of arthritis in your feet will help your chances of getting this. The blue disables parking badge has so helped me

You are in a horrible situation but hopefully all will be successfully treated. A very big hug xxx