First annual mammogram following breast cancer surgery and treatment

• 5 replies
  • 270 subscribers

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on facing that first mammogram after breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and chemotherapy. 

I have my appointment tomorrow, almost a year to the date of my single mastectomy, and I’m losing my mind a bit. 

I can’t focus and I’m either a bit of a blubbering mess or very shouty! 

Help! Single mum and I need to try and hold it together for the next 24 hours for the kids xxx

• Hi OffForARun welcome  to the  forum. I wish I could say something to make that anxiety a bit better, but we all know what thats like and its not easy. Our minds are in overdrive and we are at the worst case scenario  because of our previous experiences. Its understandable to feel as you do and hopefully knowing that is of some use, but Im not sure how much. However, tomorrow is nearly here and we will all be thinking of you. Try some very slow breathing as it can often help with our feelings when we are anxious.   Sending some hugs your way for now. xxx

gail

Community Champion Badge

• I know exactly how you are feeling, my first mammogram after treatment is next week and I'm feeling exactly as you.  Sorry, I know that's no help but wanted to send a hug and say I totally understand x

• Thanks so much for your kind supportive response Gail. X

• It really helps to share it with others who know how I feel. Thank you  xx

• Thanks so much for your kind supportive response Gail  xx