I feel overwhelmed

• 1 reply
  • 267 subscribers

I’ve just had my first mammogram a year after breast cancer surgery and radiotherapy. I’ve felt so anxious leading up to it and now afterwards I feel really weepy. I’m anxious about waiting 2 weeks Cryr results and I feel very alone with my feelings. I lost my husband last year and he would have been my support through all this. I have the support of my children and my family, but they’re not herCry I don’t think they realise either,  what it’s like to have been through cancer treatment and the loss of my husband and the ongoing impact it has on me (and how could they know this?) I feel very aCryne and feeling in need of a hug and a shoulder to cry on just now. Cry

• Oh gosh Celie, you've been through a lot, it's only natural to feel a bit overwhelmed.  And I so know what you mean about the first mammogram after treatment, I was really shaky about it.  I hope you can find some things to distract yourself over the coming days or perhaps treat yourself to something you enjoy.  Be kind to yourself and remember the lovely folks here at Macmillan are only at the end of the phone if you want a chat (0800 808 0000).  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge