Newly diagnosed Ductal cancer grade 3

• 2 replies
  • 265 subscribers

Hey, new here. Not really sure what to say at this moment in time. I was diagnosed last week and I am very scared and worried. 

Has anyone else experienced/is experiencing this diagnosis? 

Abi xx 

• Hi many of us have had a grade 3 ductal carcinoma diagnosed. The grade is only one piece of your cancer picture. It is only when the medical team have other pieces of the cancer jigsaw that they have the full picture. The size of the tumour, is it positive to ER and PR, is it HER2 positive. All these factors affect the treatment the team will offer you. Don’t panic. Many of us are still around years after a grade 3 diagnosis and more improved treatments are being offered all the time. Our cancer journey may not be easy but a grade 3 cancer is not a death sentence. Sending a virtual hug. 

• Hi AbiLoren, so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I too have invasive Ductal Carcinoma grade 3. I completed my chemo in July and am due to have a mastectomy with diep flap reconstruction in early October. I found that once I knew what my plan for treatment was, things became easier. I wish you well on your journey moving forward. Xx