Zoletronic acid

• 15 replies
  • 269 subscribers

Hi, has anyone had zoletronic acid infusions, would be glad of some information please as I have to give a decision as to whether I start it in next few weeks.

think I may pass on it but would be grateful for any advice.

take care X

• Hi Latchbrook

Thats reassuring to hear as I have to decide next week I understand that we are all different.

Thank you Xxx

• What happens at the infusion appointment.

I had a phone call yesterday giving me the date of my 1st one, 17th October m, no explanation of what happens etc all I know is what I've read on forums that the 1st one can give you flu type symptoms and the rest are fine, other than that I don't know anything.

• My appointments are really simple.

The nurse puts a cannula into the back of my hand and attaches the bag of Zometa which takes about 15 minutes to go in.

They then flush through, which takes a few more minutes and it's all done.

I've never had any side effects. 

I hope yours all goes smoothly too.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you. Do you have any bloods tests before?

What hospital department do you go to for it?

• Yes, I have to have bloods done about a week beforehand. I have them done at the phlebotomy department at the hospital but I could have them done at my GP surgery.

The infusion is done at the Medical Day Unit.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"