Prosigna vs Oncotype

• 8 replies
  • 267 subscribers

I am age 45 and diagnosed with ILC, ER+, PR+, HER-.

I recently had a mastectomy and following my pathology report my consultant has suggested a genomic test to see if chemotherapy will be beneficial to me. My consultant has suggested using the Prosigna test, however I thought this was best for post menopausal women? And it seems Oncotype test is the test most widely used. 

I did ask my consultant and he said that they always use the Prosigna test and haven’t used the Oncotype in a couple of years.

Has anyone else who is premenopausal had the Prosigna test?

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated. 

• My oncologist wouldn't do the Oncotype or Prosigna test on me as I am premenopausal - she said the reliability of the data isn't known. That said, just from being in the forum, I know there are lots of premenopausal women given these tests so I think it may come down to clinician preference. In the end I was advised to have chemotherapy based on my Predict score...

• Thank you for sharing your experience. It does seem to be tricker if pre menopausal and I agree it does seem to come down to clinician preference.

• Hi i was premenopausal and my oncologist did a oncotype test, Have your oncologist done your predict score ?

• Thank you. Yes Oncotype test does seem the more common.

My consultant hasn’t done a predict score for me but I did look myself on the website (using the 2.2 version)…over 5 yr it’s an additional 1.2% benefit, 2.9% for 10 yrs and 4.1 % for 15 years. 

• Hi. I had the prosigna test and haven’t gone through menopause. The test results were used to inform my treatment decisions. Historically most research studies were done on post menopausal women but it is used more widely now. The information It provides  is really detailed and personally I found it reassuring to have those results. 

• Thank you for your reply and that’s great to hear that the prosigna test provided detailed information which was reassuring. Thank you! 
    Do you recall how long you had to wait for your results? 

• It was about 2 weeks I think. Not too long. 

• Thank you. I was thinking 2-3 weeks so hopefully closer to 2.