Docetaxel

• 4 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi all,

I have done my Ec chemo and am now on the Docetaxel chemo, had it a week today.  The EC compared to this for me was a walk in the park, Docetaxel has well and truly floored me.  Only another 2 cycles to go but absolutely dreading it because of how I've felt and still feel now.  Anyone else being floored with Docetaxel. 

Thank you

• Hello,

sorry your going through this, me too! I don’t know how to link, but I made a message called ‘Docetaxel and pain’ it’s currently on page 2 of the diagnosis and treatment thread, I had a number replies there, and just added how it ended, if you want to take a look

hope the next lot is better for you x

• Thank you so much for replying.  You have put my mind at ease a little.  Seeing my oncologist next week so going to discuss it with him.  I have a very high pain threshold but flipping eck, WOW!   I hope the next lot is better for you too x

• I had the same. EC then 2 rounds of Docetaxel. It floored me too and caused a high heart rate so after speaking with my oncologist this week I’m swapping to a weekly chemo to complete my treatment. Might have to have 6 weeks worth but review after first 3 and hopefully that will be it. Still got mastectomy and radiotherapy to go but will be glad to get chemotherapy done! x

• Hi Freckles2024

Same for me! I had 3 x EC followed by 3 x Docetaxel, had the last one 31/7. EC wasn’t pleasant but the Docetaxel just wiped me out, was exhausted & had bad brain fog so felt spaced at times. I also found the nerve pains & muscle fatigue really difficult too. Didn’t look forward to having the last two either but needs must as they say.

Good luck x