Radiotherapy post op

• 3 replies
  • 265 subscribers

How long after doutlet lumpectomy does radiation usually start my plan is to have it my margins were clear with 1/10 lymphnoid involvement I’ve had no word and it’s six weeks post op is this normal x

• Hi Seb69

Six weeks post op is normal for radiotherapy as they like you to be fully recovered from the operation before you start radiotherapy.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• I would chase it up with your breast nurse. I’m having lumpectomy next week and was told I’d start radiotherapy 6 weeks after surgery. 

• Hi  , it seems to vary hugely. I was initially told 6 weeks but it took that long to have my oncology appointment where radiotherapy and hormone therapy were discussed. I signed up for both, got a prescription for Anastrozole that day, and started radiotherapy 10 weeks after my op in the end. Although the gap made me anxious, I was glad in the end as my incision was much longer than I’d expected, so I was glad to have the healing time. Hope you hear something soon, do chase it up through the breast care nurses otherwise. Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi