Lumpectomy recovery

• 3 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi 

yet another question!

had a lumpectomy end of June then re excision about 10 days later followed by another small op to fix a hematoma. All through the same 2 inch incision around the nipple. 
All healing fine. Underarm totally fine from 1st surgery just a bit lumpy 

the boob is still a bit bruised and hard feeling and feels a bit “burny” especially by end of the day.

all normal I’m sure for 1 week post surgery, just wondering at what point everyone’s boob felt “normal”

thanks!!

• Hi  

It's hard to remember exactly when everything felt normal again, as I had my lumpectomy 2 years ago now, but I think probably after about a month it all felt comfortable again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thankyou for your replies!! A month seems rreasonable was just curious to know other people’s experiences xx

• Hi I had my lumpectomy on 24th June. I saw the breast nurse last week as there is a hole at the bottom of my scar, mines on the boob exactly were I felt the lump.

My scar feels bumpy, so I asked the nurse whilst there. She said 8 weeks it should be healed, ie the new norm. So time yet for it to change.

Sue x