One positive node

• 32 replies
  • 265 subscribers

A question. I had 4 nodes out. 1 in positive.

would that have been the one closest to the primary breast tumour and then 2,3,4 are next along the line. Meaning that the first node is as far as it’s got?

or is it just random which one it goes to?

In which case how would one know - without removing them all and testing that it’s  not in nodes say 7,8,9 etc 

no one suggesting taking them all out. Just wondering what makes them so sure it hasn’t spread beyond the first node??

thanks all

• Ok so 28…… not crazy high but high enough to warrant belt and braces and the hardship of chemo I guess. At least you must feel you are seriously kicking its nasty arse. 
    yes I keep hearing about the sore scalp, hadn’t occurred to me. I knew about hair loss but didn’t realise about scalp soreness. Seems like that does improve??

so impressed you are still going out and living life.  

Please keep in touch - happy to chat every day if it helps at all!

• Back to the lumps!! Thankyou for repkying

so helpful

minr just seem to be exactly where the tumour was and it sort of feels the same so in my head I’m thinking - I know there’s a bit left there but I wonder if it’s a lot there. Ditto arm pit lumpy around the scar but also up above it too. Oh fgs I need to shut up and just ask the surgeon tomorrow!!!!

• I hadn't heard about the sore scalp.  But it's certainly making its presence felt! No improvement yet but it's early days and maybe improvement comes when the hair's been expelled,  sadly... I'm still hanging on to my short crop atm.

Yes, the ODX score was disappointing but got to keep pushing through and doing the necessary evils. 

I'm happy to keep in touch, it helps to share with others who understand the struggle.

• Did you short crop before treatment? And are you cold capping? My bestie Brad BC 8 years ago. She didn’t cap and just decided to brave the shave. She looked so unexpectedly beautiful once she’d gone for it. And I think actually it helped her scalp not feel sore. She never bothered with a wig just nice scarves. Few years down the line . She has masses of hair now!! 

• They took 32g out of me for 2cm tumour , clear margins. They move the tissue around inside to fill the gap. I have lumps where my tumour was Blush

• Mmmmm took 10g for me for a 23mm tumour. Maybe explains why didn’t get a clear margin!!Joy

• No, I decided not to cold cap.I did the short crop after round#1. My hair started shedding after 2 weeks. So will most likely shave soon. It was pretty thick, so still looks OK atm. I've bought a wig but doubt I'll wear it. I plan to do African head wraps.

• Bet the crop looks great and a few weeks after you’ve done you’ll be back there. My friend kept her crop for ages she looked very cool with it. The scarves sound lovely  . Where did you find those?? I think we still all want to try and feel ourselves when we can right??

And yet another question - eyebrows/ eyelashes?? Have you found any reasonable solutions?? 

• My ppl say it looks good, but I guess it's not me, you know? 

I've been  into African print fabric for years and have had quite a bit of clothing made. I also travel to West Africa and stock up on fabric there.

I've read that as they're slow growing, brows and lashes go last.  So I'm hoping I won't be without them too long.  My lashes are quite sparse anyway, so I usually wear eyeliner.  I'll continue with that. I've bought some eyebrow stencils, so will draw them in,  when the time comes.

So much to think about isn't there?

• You are not kidding

keep trying to distract myself. Not easy!!

Have you looked at look good and feel better. Looks like it might be helpful.

Shaka I reckon you could set a business up selling pretty African scarves as head gear eh??

I totally get it re the crop not being “you” but we have to remember we aren’t defined by this stuff …… and this is not forever