Treatment break from Kadcyla infusions

• 1 reply
  • 258 subscribers

I’ve had 5 of 14 Kadcyla infusions, following chemo, surgery and radiotherapy, and taking letrazole. I just feel battered now, and am considering taking a breather from the Kadcyla, and having the next infusion in 6 weeks instead of the normal 3 weeks. 
I have tried to get a call on with an oncologist, but that will be in 3 weeks time, when I would due the next infusion.

In the interim, it would be good to know if anyone else had a break from treatment, and how they got on. It worries me that I’m putting myself at risk, by extending the next dose by 6 weeks, but the side effects from neuropathy aren’t great either .

• Hi Las61

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you struggling from the treatment you are receiving.  While I don't have any experience with taking a break from treatment I noticed that you haven't had any answers yet so I thought I'd reply to you anyway to welcome you to the community.  This response will move to the top of the discussion.  Hopefully someone will come along soon with some experience for you.

Best of luck with the rest of your treatment whatever you decide to do.

Best wishes.

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge