Travel insurance

• 6 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hello everyone and sending good wishes to all of you. After being diagnosed in February and having two surgeries, I am about to start my RT. I can finally imagine some sort of normal times will come back. As such we have booked a holiday for later in the year. Something for us all to look forward to. I am now wondering about travel insurance. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to approach this and if there are any companies that will help? I appreciate this may not be something anyone has come to as yet but thought I'd ask.

All the best M x

• Hi Mg07 welcome to the forum and your question has been asked many times by others and there is a thread dedicated to Travel Insurance for Cancer Patients. I have included in this email a link directly to this and you can have a look as many others have asked and some recommendations for companies and costs are there as well so hopefully this may be helpful for you. You only need to click on the link to take you to this. 

Travel Insurance for Cancer patients.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi MG07

We use a company called holidaysafe. They added £15 to my holiday after I rang them after finishing my radiotherapy for our cruise in July. I think it all depends on age and obviously other conditions but it's worth a try. Good luck with your treatment xx

• Thank you for this. I'll give them a try. Enjoy your cruise x

• I checked the comparison travel sites when we went to Tenerife 2 months after chemotherapy.  They ask basic questions like how many nodes if any (1-3, 4-6 etc), are you stage 4, have you finished active treatment apart from hormone blockers,  have you refused any treatments and how many years since diagnosis? I think that 2 months out and less than a year from diagnosis I paid about £16 for 5 days. Last month I paid £11 for 6 days,  so it was OK.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet.  Stephen Hawking,
  • Thank you so much.

I love that quote btw x