Post op

• 4 replies
  • 264 subscribers

Hey all. 

I am 6 weeks post op after having a lumpectomy. I wanted to ask if it's normal to have hard lump, redness and some bruising still? I was given antibiotics 4 days ago and not much has improved. Is this something that will go away on its own in time and I'm being inpatient  Slight smile

• Hi Fannyanne

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with breast cancer.  The hard lump is probably scar tissue from the operation.  While I don't remember the redness  and bruising six week after I had my lumpectomy I don't think it's too unusual, I'm a fast healer.  If you are still worried about it next week give your breast care nurse a ring and I'm  sure they'll be able to put your mind at rest.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever comes next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for replying Daisy. I just didn't want to overreact unnecessarily. I am worried aboit the redness, as it looks angry. I am seeing my oncologist today so hopefully they can take a look but I'm not sure that's there department. 

Hope you are well

• Hope your appointment went well and a treatment started for you.  Hugs to you.

Barbara 

• Thank you Blush my appt went well and my breast is starting to look a bit better. All this treatment has me anxious but I'm trying to let it get the better of me. X