Chemotherapy cycle

• 4 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Hi I just wanted to ask please, is a cycle normally 3 weeks on and 1 week off, if you are having weekly chemotherapy and 3 weekly immunotherapy and carboplatin.I have TNBC,so currently finished my second round cycle 1.I assumed that it would be every week.

• Hi  

I think the length of a cycle depends on the chemo that you're on.

I also had TNBC and had 3 cycles of EC followed by 12 of paclitaxel. The paclitaxel was 1 every week for 12 weeks but the EC was 1 every 3 weeks, eg had chemo then 3 weeks before next one.

Give your chemo unit a call and they'll be able to tell you what the cycles actually mean for you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook, thank you for your replyGrin yes I think I'm that regime just other way round. So Abraxne first for 12 weeks then EC for 12 weeks in cycles of 1 every 3 weeks.

• I think you would have Paclitaxel on days 1, 8, 15; Pembrolizumab and carboplatin on day 1 only, making it a 21 day cycle, then it starts again. 

• I had Paclitaxel, Carboplatin and immunotherapy every week for 12 weeks. I have TNBC as well. I suspect The weeks you have immunotherapy and Carboplatin will be the start of each cycle. And for the other two weeks of the cycle you will have just the other chemotherapy. I did 12 weeks (4 cycles) continuously, so no breaks in between.