Just diagnosed with ILC

• 3 replies
  • 266 subscribers

Hello, I have just been diagnosed with Invasove Lobular Cancer. I am 48 and perimenopausal. ER and PR positive and awaiting HER2 results and MRI. So worried that the lump I found is just the tip of the iceberg. Couldn’t think about anything else but after starting to read a book my sister in law recommended, I finally had a night’s sleep last night. It’s called Anticancer- a new way of life. It made me realise there our things I can do to help myself in all this. 

• Hi Beejuice

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever comes next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Bee. Sorry you are here . I was diagnosed with ILC early March . I’m post meno H ER + HER2-
    The MRI will be able to tell them more accurately what size and nodes , although sometimes that isn’t clear until you have your op and pathology after that .

The not knowing is the worst , hood you get your MRI and results soon Fingers crossed.

Glad you found the book helpful . One I always come back to is “ Reconstruction “ by Rosamund Dean . She was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 40. 

Good luck x 

• Thank you so much for replying and sharing your experience. Yes the not knowing is awful. Xx