new here , wanting treatment advice

• 3 replies
  • 259 subscribers

Hi , first time posting on here and hoping for some advice. I was diagnosed with invasive grade 2 breast cancer which was 20mm and two axilla lymph nodes were involved. I have had surgery and my solitary mass was removed with clear margins and i had a complete excision of 16 lymph nodes and 2 were positive but complete excision of them. I am 53 but still having regular periods. My oncotype score was low at 9 i am ER 8 and PR 8 and HER negative and my KI 67 score was 20%. I went to meet my oncologist last week and i also mentioned i have a benign small cyst in my ovary. I thought he was going to suggest Tamoxifen and radiotherapy but then mentioned Chemotherapy as it makes a 3% difference, but if i have my ovary out they could go down the radiotherapy and a change in the hormone therapy. My head is a mess and its such a big decision to make. I feel like i am wanting to go down the removal of my ovary , hormonal therapy and then radiotherapy. I lead a very healthy life , im vegetarian, hardly ever drink and i walk and exercise regularly. Sorry for long post but has anyone got any advice for me please ? thankyou 

• Hi Langkawi22

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  While it's completely up to you to decide what you want to do, I know if I was given the choice I would go down the chemo route.  I was diagnosed with ER and PR Positive breast cancer last year and I needed chemo because there was cancer in one of the lymph nodes my surgeon took.  While I won't say chemo is easy it is doable and they give you medication to deal with any side effects you may have.

Wishing you the best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for your advice , what stage were you ? Im so confused with having a really low oncotype result and there only being a 3% difference on the predict score

• I was stage 1 and I'm now cancer free and I'm currently on Anastrozole for five years.  I will also have a infusion once every six months for about the next three years to help keep my bones strong.

Community Champion Badge