Treatment & tiredness

• 1 reply
  • 252 subscribers

I was diagnosed a year ago with Her2+ stage 1, grade 2; WLE (delayed because I got shingles!) followed by 3 months of chemo (1 slight delay because of peripheral neuropathy) and 2 weeks of radiotherapy that ended just before Christmas.  Currently on Herceptin until August, but have to have it in chemo unit with pre meds because of adverse reaction to first dose.

And I am tired ... I could sleep for 12 hours every night, and going to bed after 9pm is unheard of.  I have managed to carry on with some work as my job is flexible and I would have gone mad if not but my energy and patience levels are both very low.   Realistically how long will it take to feel more lively?  Or is this the new normal?

Many thanks

• Hi JCB 67, I have finished my Phesgo (a combination of trastuzamub and pertuzumab) in January this year. I still suffer with tiredness by the end of the day and often am in bed by 10pm. I work 3 days a week but I do get tired and I often have to have a break at home in between doing bits and pieces there to. It’s not as bad as it was it has improved. I’m hoping it will continue to improve although I don’t think I will ever be how I was before diagnosis and treatment.

Wishing you all the best

Hugs from cuffcake x x x x x