Awaiting Pet Scan… can’t function. Only diagnosed last week with BC

• 10 replies
  • 255 subscribers

Awaiting Pet Scan to see if BC has spread… new diagnosis only a week ago with ER+ HER2+ tumour and one positive lymph node… terrified… can’t function and certain it’s spread

• Sorry you’re in the waiting period, it’s the worst. If it helps had the same as you and it hadn’t spread. Take care and all the best Heart

• Thank you… that really helps… I’m just hoping the scan will be clear… but then I was hoping that about the node. I’ve not told my children yet… it’s so scary… just hoping like you did! You take care too really did appreciate your speedy reply x

• I had similar but HER- which spread to my Lymph nodes but I was also terrified when waiting for MRI scan results. Luckily it hadn’t spread. Hopefully it’s the same for you too. 

• Yeah, felt the same at that point. ‘I haven’t got any good news this far, so this will be bad too’. I was certain it had spread. But it’s not necessary. Lots of people with lymph node involvement have had the cancer stop there. Hopefully, the next bit of news you get from your doc will be positive. Take care of yourself Heart

A️lso it’s normal not to be able to function. Do what makes you feel best. If you can find something to distract you movies, books, anything you like go for it. The rest can wait till you are ready.

• Thank you…. It helps to know it’s not just me… very difficult to think of anything else though…. Just in limbo, suddenly nothing else matters… Pray tone2

• Please stay positive. I I found that unknowing it's the worse think could ever happen to me because we lost control. I was  mentally destroyed when I was waiting for results and I did not find that Praylpful. You not alone we all here to support each other. Please stay strong PrayHearts

• Thank you for your reply… I know you really do understand…. I’m just so scared now and I can’t function at all… still on the sofa…
    Scanning just rang and I have a PET scan booked for tomorrow afternoon. I just know they will find something as I’ve had problems with benign tumours before, so I know they will see something. I also felt sick when I got the letter from my consultant today… can now see I have cancer  in B&W…. It just makes it more real…  Sob

i will get the scan results next Thursday… not sure how I will mentally cope until then, currently just existing but I plan to tell my adult daughter tonight and then my other two children this weekend….

It does help that I know I’m not alone… you know how bad I feel…. no choice but to stay strong and hope…. thank you again for your kind words which mean so much  Heart

• Hello, just seen your posts and I really feel for you.  I was only diagnosed with BC in Feb this year.  the waiting between being told and results of biopsy can only be described as Hell.  There is no wrong or right at that time.  You feel however you feel.  You will get to the results and then you will have plans.  Keep going, if you have to sleep until then, do it.  whatever it takes, just hang on until then. xxxx I just laid in bed and watched TV non stop - Midsomer Murders.  when i was up i ate quickly and then back to my 'safe place'.  I pray that you find comfort until the results. God Bless you. xxxx 

• Thank you, you are so kind… I have my PET scan this evening am terrified it’s spread…. Have aches and pains all over!! Plus will be at least another week for the results… I’ve been in limbo for almost three weeks now and like you I’ve just crawled from one place to another and back… trying to eat when hungry so I have the energy to fight this… have started telling a few people… it’s so hard and it’s so unfair isn’t it…. Sob I’m sad for everyone going through this… you take care… Bless you xx

• that is a very long time you've been waiting.  i am not surprised you are suffering.  there is a macmillan telephone service but again it's hard to make that call and i couldn't do it for months.  Keep going honey. We're all here for you.  We're all praying for you.  When i called the macmillan the other day, i must say they were a million times better than i thought, and certainly better than other helpline.  They really do understand us.   xxxx  God will give you energy, he is watching you and he loves you.  xxxx