Feeling just bit off

• 2 replies
  • 247 subscribers

Hi everyone I hope you are all doing ok.

I had mastectomy last year followed by chemo and radiotherapy which I finished a few weeks ago.

On Letrozole for ten years and Zometa for three years.

Anyone else worry over symptoms?

I sometimes feel tired, sickly and really achy. Hot flushes!!!

I worry that this is a sign of cancer returning /spreading.

I live alone and feel unable to discuss so thank goodness for this site.

Thank you in advance!

Pray

• Hi Jax, I was also diagnosed last year, Jan 23 and I also had chemo radiotherapy, lumpectomy and node clearance and now on letrozole, bisophosphates and Abemaciclib. Yes I think your symptoms are very similar to mine. Apparently Letrozole can cause nausea but that has improved with time. In fact the only time I actually vomitted was a couple of weeks after commencing Letrozole. I also get bone pain and muscle ache but very little joint problems. The bone pain in my legs began soon after chemo but that has improved but rib pain has become more noticeable. Apparently this can also be due to Letrozole and a clear bone scan a couple of weeks ago would indicate it is the medication. I think we all have our anxious moments when the anxiety of recurrence is overwhelming. 
    I live with my husband and have family close by but cancer is a lonely journey. I don’t share my concerns with anyone as I don’t want to cause them any worry or bore them with my worries. I find this forum is the safe place to vent. If you have recently finished treatment your body is still recovering from the onslaught cancer treatments inflicts. I found getting out each day for a walk or a cycle ride helped my recovery. Hope you feel better soon. 

• That's so kind of you to reply.

It is such a lovely journey as u said.

Overdid the walking this week I think so top of hip joint hurting.

Since starting letrozole I noticeably ache so much more. When I wake in the mornings my fingers are so stiff and sore. 

It's hard for me not to worry over everything!

I have two really nice bikes and plan to service them so they're ready to ride when nice weather arrives (if it ever does!)

thanks again