Breast Cancer concerns

• 1 reply
  • 246 subscribers

I Have Breast Cancer in my left Axillary ( Arm Pit ) And Secondries in the left side of my Neck which greatly concerns me. After months of treatment my CT showed improvement with shrinkage in Both. However since having another CT Scan things have not been so good and gained millimetres in left Axillary Arm Pit. To top it all am very concerned about lymph nodes near my Oesophagus in the neck that have slightly grown. My Oncologist who i respect very much has suggested a PET Scan. However this will not be until Early May and results can take anything up to 8 weeks, which it has been for my CT Scans. And in the meantime my neck is a worry and my Anxiety has gone through the roof, particularly as i am unable to stress this to my Oncologist as the past few months I have seen her Registra Oncologist, a very nice lady, but i feel i am in total Limbo at the moment with many concerns. Has anyone else been in a similar position. Anna

• Hello Tigerpoppy63,

I am so sorry you are having these worries and are unable to express them to your consultant. It sounds as if you're having a really difficult time.

I wonder if you could phone your consultants secretary and arrange to speak to your consultant directly .They may be able to bring your tests forward or arrange to get the results more quickly? Waiting for tests and results is is always very hard.

I wish you all the very best and hope that your tests are OK.

Love and hugs to you.