Mastectomy at Homerton Hosp

• 2 replies
  • 250 subscribers

Hello Everyone, 

I am due to have a single mastectomy at Homerton hospital next Monday 22nd April. I was wondering if anyone out there has had a mastectomy there recently. How lobg is the surgery? Also I am a bit concerened as the Breast Care Team and consultant have titally changed, I have asked the current consultant for any pictures of previous mastectomies he dud, but they have none! I had mammoplasty at Homerton in 2021 and the consultant then showed pictures of previous similar procedures results from surgeries he had performed, so I find it a bit strange the current consultant does not have anything to show his patients as a reassurance. Thank you for any feedback! 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have any experience with this hospital but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Wishing you all the best for Monday 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"