Finished radiotherapy 2 weeks ago breathless with asthma and cough

• 7 replies
  • 249 subscribers

I went to my GP last Friday feeling breathless with asthma flare up preventers and relievers not being effective. He noted I'd had chemo for BC and just finished radiotherapy and that I was on tamoxifen. Did BP and oxygen levels etc blood pressure and heart rate high. Tried to explain that my heart rate is usually high 90s or 100s. because of my history he needed to rule out a blood clot. Sent me to hospital for blood tests to rule that out a clot. X ray ECG trace and peak flow all okay thankfully sent back home. it's a week later I'm still breathless and taking about 6 or 8 doses of blue inhalor in a day. I feel like I need to go to GP again but I don't want to waste his time X I've bought a diffuser humidifier to make the air in the house not so dry. If I cough it's like really bad dry hacking and my bladder doesn't like it either lol x any advise xxx

• I am sorry to hear of what you are going through. If I were in your position I would visit the GP again as the problem is still persisting and not improving. Best wishes.

• Hi Cfell, sorry that you are having problems. I would call your medical team or radiology team and have a chat with them. They know all your medical history and treatment and I would imagine they can help on this. If not don’t be worried about contacting your gp again. 
    Hugs from cuffcake x x x x x

• Hi I went to drs my chest sounds clear but she could see I was struggling so I'm on a short course of steroids. Glad I went in. Reliever taken at 6.30 this morning 2 hours later feeling wheezy again but not like chest infection tightness. Could be the radiotherapy that was two weeks ago xxx

• I did manage to get in lol 19th in line on the phone. Can you come down in 30 minutes lol I'm still in bed. Good job it's close now on steroids so that should help xxx

• Well done you for going in. And if no improvement go back! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

• Hi,

I would never want to come on here and alarm you but I would really ensure you keep pushing this.  I had constant cough and breathlessness and pushed for a ct scan.  They did find a tumour in my spine but now taking medication.  I’m sure everything will be ok, but when I read your comment I felt I had to respond.  Xxx

• Hi sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope the treatment helps. The Dr put me on a short course of steroids. They have eased my asthma symptoms X the only problem with steroids is that they give me visual migraine aura after a few days use X luckily side effects don't last long.