Invasive lobular cancer

• 6 replies
  • 251 subscribers

Hi there everyone,I was diagnosed with grade 2 oestrogen and progesterone positive her2 negative breast cancer in January I’m 43.I underwent a mastectomy and reconstruction 5 weeks ago and recovery well last week found out the cancer was in my sential node and 1 other having a clearence operation in 2 weeks time and are agonisingly awaiting ct results to see if my cancer has spread.Im struggling to sleep my mind seems such a fog and I’m so terrified of if it’s spread I’m trying so hard to stay positive but every time we have been back it’s always been different from what they 1st thought!

• Hi Toni m

Welcome but sorry you are going through the horrible waiting game at the minute.  I had ER and PR + HER2- mixed lobular and ductal.  Same as you, mastectomy and then results two weeks later knocked me off my feet with the sentinel node positive.  Full clearance required, waited six weeks to be told no cancer in any of the other nodes.  I wasn't offered a CT scan, in my Trust you have to have four positive nodes before they will do a body scan - so I think they are being just super thorough with you which can only be a good thing.  I was terrified too waiting for results and I've come to understand that it's not unusual for things to change as they gather more info with each procedure/op.  If only I'd known that at the beginning, I might have prepared myself better.  Try and keep yourself occupied, easier said than done I know.  Plan will be in place soon and you'll feel so much better xx good luck with everything xx

• Thank you so much for that hearing things from people who understand how you feel means a lot.

• Hi Toni m

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with breast cancer. I was diagnosed with grade 2 oestrogen and progesterone positive her2 negative cancer last year. I had a lumpectomy and they discovered cancer in my lymph node so I had to have a clearance operation. Luckily they found no cancer in my other lymph nodes. 

Wishing you the best of luck with your second operation.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, I also had 2 positive lymph nodes and a grade 3 cancer, but in my trust you have to have 4 lymph nodes to be offered any further test. This was a year ago and to be honest I would have valued a ct scan, but I am on Abemaciclib which apparently reduces the risk of recurrence. I hope everything goes well for you. 

• Hi Toni . Hoping that your CT scan is clear . So sorry that you’re going though this .

i hsve ILC, had lumpectomy last Friday . I’ll get my pathology with SNB results results on 10th April but I know I’m ER+ HER  x

• Thank you me to.Fingers crossed for you as well.

x