breast cancer mass

• 5 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Just wondering what this means? breast cancer mass…. 

• Means a tumor.  Just another way of saying it.  Take care.

Barbara 

• Hi Ewok, as Hopeful Barb says, it's another way of describing a lump. I see by your other post you've had a referral to a clinic, and they will do tests, physical examination, mammogram, perhaps an ultrasound and biopsies,  to confirm if it's cancerous or not.  Please do pop back in here if you have any questions, or if you prefer, the lovely folks at Macmillan are at the end if the phone on 0800 808 0000 if you want to chat anything through. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Thank you, I suppose those procedures will be spread out over a few appointments? 

Ewok
  • Hi  , thought I’d pop in to say what happened at my breast clinic appointment and I think it’s similar to most people’s experience…. I saw a doctor first for a physical examination, then mammogram, ultrasound,  biopsies. Back to the doctor who said there and then that it looked like cancer. All this on the same day, same clinic. (So much better than many years ago when I had a previous lump investigated, when my tests were at different hospitals and the whole process took ages.) 
    After that initial appointment, I got my results 2 weeks later and a proposed treatment plan. Had my op 4 weeks later, radiotherapy 10 weeks after that. Started hormone treatment in between. 
    Sorry you find yourself here, especially as I can see from your profile that you’ve already been on the cancer rollercoaster. You’ll already know that this is a great place for support and shared experiences. Sending love and a big virtual hug, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hi, like HappyFeet, I was referred with a lump and had mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy on the same appointment and then was called back to MRI and CT scans.  Hope this helps x.

Community Champion badge