Nearly there and Thank you

• 1 reply
  • 250 subscribers

I had the last of my five sessions of radiotherapy yesterday.  Next month it will be a year since all this started.  In many ways it has not been easy.  I live alone and my children, who are very supportive, live a long way away.  I want to say thank you to all the people on this forum who took that time to reply to my posts and to reassure me.  You helped me through some difficult times.  I guess I am going to have sone discomfort from the radiotherapy as the side effects manifest themselves, but hopefully once that is over it will all get better.  I have learnt that people in the hospitals and the staff on the phone line here and so many other people are kind and I am very grateful for all that has been done for me.  I want to wish all the people who are living with this disease, all the best and I hope that your treatment is good and that you are soon back to as normal as any of us will ever be. I enjoy every day now and it has changed my life. Take care.

• Soooo pleased for you ! I’ve got 3 more radiotherapy sessions  ( 15 in total) injections til November and biphosphonates for three years but it’ll be lovely not having so many appointments! This site is absolutely invaluable, lovely ladies all willing to share experiences, hospital staff I’ve met along the way second to none, we’re so lucky. It’s been a long year but it’s gone quickly in other respects, wishing you well lovely xx