Triple positive invasive ductal breast cancer HER2 positive

• 13 replies
  • 253 subscribers

Hi all, this is my first post, I've finally plucked up the courage!! I'm 2 weeks into my first of 6 chemo cycles and not feeling as bad as I thought. I expected to walk out if hospital looking like Rolling eyese walking dead (think the kids have made me watch too many zombie films) I was tired and nauseaus to start with and still am tired. I shaved my head a few days after chemo (a no 3) have had it shaveRolling eyesagain to a no 1 now. I didn't want clumps if hair falling out everywhere. It is getting thinner now and I've lost most of my body hair, eyebrows and lashes thinner but still there at the minute. My Rolling eyesnds are a bit tingle and sensitive and my mouth is sore and dry but nothing too bad yet. Next Thursday is 2nd cycle and after the 6th I have surgery and then radiotherapy Rolling eyes is anyone similar to me? Thanks for listening, let's keep strong together Prayxx

• Hello, I’m just about to have my 2nd round of chemo, I felt tired and slightly nauseous but not too bad, struggled with the strange mouth taste, I couldn’t drink water so I switched to isotonic sports drinks and they really helped, could actually taste them and easy to get down, I kept some ginger biscuits on my bed side table in case I felt sickly, my hair stated to come out last week, I’m big clumps so what’s left if coming off tomorrow, I’ve worn my wig last couple of days so I’m prepared, I’m having 3 cycles of EC then 3 of DOC, just hope the DOC isn’t as bad as I’ve heard, I will then have 5 radiotherapy sessions then tamoxifen , I meant to say I was ER+  Had a mastectomy followed by a full axillary node clearance, then had PET scan and all clear so cancer free, so my treatment is adjuvant, hope your treatments aren’t too bad for you, take one day at a time, keep in touch & take care xx

• Hi hun xxx think this was the breast cancer I had xxx mine was 9 yrs ago now but worried the big C mite be back xx I found the last chemo really was the worst xx I was so so coping until then xx the last one put me in hospital for a week on a drip no red blood cells no white either so was in a bad state x my advice is always check yur temperature like they advise u too I never did xx then when I did they told me get my ass to hospital ASAP xx hope that helps a little xx

• Sorry finger flagged to moderator!!! 4 th time I think! Sorry