Hi

• 4 replies
  • 482 subscribers

Just wanted to say hello.

i got diagnosed with HER2 positive breast cancer about a month ago and had first cycle of chemo last week.

Doing okay with chemo but oh my word, the injections I need to take seem to be taking their toll - only realised today, that I actually felt okay when I got up, but after the injection felt lousy again.

thankfully last one (for this cycle anyway) tomorrow, so fingers crossed start to feel a bit more human again - and can actually eat again!

• Hi Pheonix135,

I tolerated the 7 day injections with my 1st cycle. My 2nd cycle was horrendous I could only tolerate till day 4. The stomach cramps were horrendous. I thought I was going to pass out.

I spoke with my medical team and they prescribed the once only injection you take 24 hours after your chemo and although I still felt yukky I did not have the same gastric upset. The once only injection does the same as the 7 days ones. I did experience some bone pain but effervescent paracetamol helped with this.

The once only injections are more expensive and are only used if you find it difficult to tolerate the 7 day injections.

It might be worth a chat with your team if you are having a hard time of it.

Wishing you well with your recovery xx

• Hi Missymolly 

Thanks so much for your reply, really helpful to know there is a possible alternative. 
    Thankfully only 1 more day to go for now, then it’s just a waiting game until the next cycle.

All the best x

• I had the single injection instead of over several days; I had it on Friday and feel relatively ok today, just a bit shaky and under the weather, which is more likely to just be generally chemo related I think? I was a bit worried about pegfilgrastim as I have a musculoskeletal condition which I was fully expecting to flare up following the injection - which it did, and I have had a few days of costochondritis, but touch wood it is settling now. Might be worth asking for the single injection to get it over with in one go? 

• Hi, I wish you well with your recovery.    I was also diagnosed with HERT2 positive cancer a month ago and am still waiting for my oncology consultation.....the wait is horrendous and feels far too long.    I'm glad they got you on so quickly, even if you are struggling with the injections, it's a necessary evil.     Good luck with the rest of your journey.