Wake up feeling sick

• 4 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Happy Saturday everyone

Having had breast cancer twice, in the passed, and recovery well for the passed few weeks I wake up feeling sick, this does pass after 30 minutes or so.

Have low white blood cells other than that I doing well at 77 years old any advice 

Tili x

• Hello Tili

I am sorry to hear of your past breast cancer. To have cancer once is not easy but to have it again must have been hard.

With the nausea on waking up, perhaps it may be an idea to contact your GP as this has been going on for a few weeks. It may well be that it is something that could be sorted fairly easily. Perhaps they could also do a repeat blood test to see how your white blood cells are. Nausea can be really unpleasant so please do get it checked. 

If you want to talk it through first perhaps give the Support Line a call and speak to one of the nurses. The number is at the bottom of this.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi tilli2024

Sorry to hear your going through this again. Once is bad enough. I wish you well. Might be worth chatting to GP about the nausea.

Because it's only in the morning on wakening then passes suggests it might be the way you are lying and stomach contents able to back up. Do you eat late at night. Maybe try lying on left side and using an extra pillow so your esophagus higher than stomach. Could try that whilst waiting for GP appointment to check out its not something physical that needs treated with medication.

I hope it passes soon. Nausea is not pleasant. Xx

• Many thanks, I will take your advice on board

• Thank you so much, for your kind reply