Hello

• 5 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Hi all I’m new to the group but have been fighting her2 for nearly two years 

mom not sure why now I feel I wanted to joint but I have

• Hi Sarenac, welcome to the group. You can ask any questions, or just simply read about what others are posting, there's no pressure to reply, but your comments are always welcomed.

If you want to share a little about your diagnosis or treatment, click on the round circle by your name with the picture and add some information to your profile.

I hope you find the community to be useful, best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Hi Sarenac,

I am sorry to learn of your diagnosis and what you have been going through. I had lymph nodes removed four months ago, recently finished my radiotherapy and have Ben told in the last few weeks that I am clear.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, or ring them on 0808 808 0000, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks, help with benefits, bills, open 10-4 Mon-Fri for coffee and chat and lots more. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting) and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system. It is important during the day to keep yourself occupied, hobbies, interests etc., it stops you from dwelling on what is going on. You may also find it beneficial to listen to a meditation podcast, they really help you to relax especially when you are trying to get to sleep. I use one called ‘Go Gently’ by Christine Elizabeth Smith, it does a lot for me. Whatever you do, do not visit Dr Google as there is so much conflicting information, your head will spin and it will stress you out, listen to your medical team and you get great support on here.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as you possibly can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity, above all, be kind to yourself - I promise you, you will get through this. You are never alone and can always come and chat to us shower in here.

Take care and big hugs.xxx

• I am new too just starting my journey. I think it will be helpful to chat to others . 

• This is such a lovely reply and such good advice . I am just starting my journey and I will take on board your advice. 
    many thanks Rosie 

• Hi Sarenac, 

Welcome to the forum. It is good to chat and share.

I find it very helpful reading others treatment and recovery journey many of them further on than me.

I was recently diagnosed in may with her2neger+pr+. I had my lumpectomy and sentinels removed in June. My tumour was grade 3 so I am having chemo EC 4 cycles 3 weeks apart to kill off any sleeping cells. I had my 3rd cycle yesterday. I will then have radiotherapy and hormone suppressants.

Please use the macmillan nurses and cancer care as well as thus forum. It's so helpful and supportive.

I wish you well in your treatments happy to answer any questions if helpful xxx