HER2+ IDC

• 1 reply
  • 482 subscribers

Hello there I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has had the same diagnosis and treatment as me to share their experience with me and whether they have had secondary or metastatic spread at any point after all the treatment. I was diagnosed last year with grade 3 Dcis in my left breast which was removed by lump to me and then Radiotherapy and shortly afterwards I was diagnosed with a tumour in my right breast invasive ductal carcinoma with associated Dcis Grade 2, with comedian necrosis, no noodles bread but microinvasion, and FSH number three, and KI 67 of 25%, and a genetic test that showed up a CHEK2 breast cancer gene - Which in the UK is not considered significant in the diagnosis, but in the US is considered of significance. I had chemotherapy for three months paclitaxel and Radiotherapy for three weeks, and I’m on a year long course of Herceptin, and I’m about to start anastrozole for five years, and will be on zoledronic acid in the next three years as a precautionary measure in case of any spread, and to strengthen the bone against anastrozole which reduces bone mass. I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who has had this experience, thank you so much Smore

• Hi, I don't have the same diagnosis as you, but I noticed you haven't had any responses as the site is quite busy and your post had dropped to the second page. My response will bump it back to the top and I hope someone with the right experience will be along soon. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge