Breast cancer

• 4 replies
  • 458 subscribers

Hi everyone, im Tingaling & I have stage 3 breast cancer,I start chemo on 19th of this month,my tumor is 9cm & the cancer has spread in my lymphnodes by my armpit. I am so worried about having treatment at home as my home is very very stressfull & im scared. I don't know what to do.

• Hi Tingaling,

Sorry to hear you are struggling at the thought of your treatment at home.

Have you spoken with macmillan nurses, cancer care or you BCN about these.

I'm sure they have lots of info on how to help in these circumstances and can point you in the direction of some reflexology or other alternative pampering sessions you could attend to allow you me time and time to chill.

This is a stressful journey during treatments. Doyou have good friends or close family uou could use as supports to help with the stress at home 

Try to take some time to yourself xx

• Hi miss molly,thank you for your reply,I have 6 children (eldest is 32 youngest is 17) I live with the 32 yr old my 19 yr old & my 17 yr old & to be honest it's almost like they don't care,my eldest (steven) says he's going to take control of the house but we had abig fight today because I asked him to put some washing on the line,no one tidies up after their self & it's so many arguments all the time. I havnt reached out to anyone until now. I've got an appointment in the morning to have a breast clip insertion & im going alone. I feel so alone but I will talk to my cancer key worker.thanks for your advice xxx

• Hi Tingaling,

Thank you for your honesty. We tend to spoil our kids, and then we have to argue with them to take care of themselves for a bit.

Please speak with macmillan and cancer care they have excellent support systems. They have drop in, 1-1 counselling or group chats.

Please continue to use this forum. You are not alone. Unfortunately there are a large number of individuals going through this journey. But please reach out now for support for yourself. 

I hope all goes well today please keep us informed. Happy to chat xx

• Hi Tingaling

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.  What you are feeling is perfectly natural as having to have treatment can be daunting.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment and as Missymolly said, you are not alone.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge