Biopsy awaiting results

• 11 replies
  • 458 subscribers

Hello it's my ist time posting , had biopsy yesterday and mammogram, was told it looks worrying so that's where I am , feel alone. Glad found this site .

• Hi Bambie , 

it’s such a worrying time , you are not alone . 
    I was given the all clear from my mammogram , for them to call me on my way home to say they spotted something, had. 2 biopsy so far and MRI , get results on Monday , to say I’m sick with fear is an understatement . 

the waiting is the worst x 

let us know how you get on on xx 

• Hi Bambie,

I had a lumpectomy just over two months ago, two lymph nodes removed and I am now awaiting radiotherapy. It is a shock when you are told and it is important you take a bit of time to let it register and sink in. Please don’t think it’s the end of the world, it could all turnout to be fine. However, if it is otherwise, there is still a lot you can do to help yourself.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, or ring them on 0808 808 0000, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks and lots more. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting) and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system. It is important during the day to keep yourself occupied, hobbies, interests etc., it stops you from dwelling on what is going on. You may also find it beneficial to listen to a meditation podcast, they really help you to relax especially when you are trying to get to sleep. I use one called ‘Go Gently’ by Christine Elizabeth Smith, it does a lot for me. Please don’t visit Dr Google, as it has so much conflicting information that your head spins and it stresses you out.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as you possibly can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity, above all, be kind to yourself - I promise you, you will get through this. You are never alone and can always come and chat to us shower in here.

Take care and big hugs.xxx

• Hi Bambie,

I hope all goes well for you. It is a worrying time. However bear in mind there are lots of treatments out there now.

When I had my mammogram, and ultrasound they told me straight away it was cancer. The biopsy confirmed what type.

Hopefully the fact they didn't tell you straight away is they are unsure and results are good fir you.

Welcome to the forum noone wants to be in

Take care xx

• Hi Bambie

I am in a similar situation, had biopsy last week and in my case was told I would almost certainly need surgery. Awaiting biopsy result and feeling scared. Not sure when or how to tell our adult children as I know how upset they will be.

I definitely know how it feels to be awaiting biopsy results, hence the fact that I am writing this at 4.30am!  Good luck with your diagnosis.

• Same Liz I have told my adult daughter only not my 3 adult sons or anyone else, can't find the words , am petrified, thankyou for replying x 

• Hi Liz A,

I was plagued with nervous anxiety. I locked myself away for a couple of weeks avoiding people. I couldn't say the word out loud without crying. I have now told family. I told my daughter first. She was upset for me but now she keeps me positive.

It's a horrible thing and the waiting for results is very anxiety provoking. I tried to distract myself. Used these forums for support it reassuring when you read others journeys and they are further on than you in treatment. 

I had my biopsy on the 20th May and got the results on the 30th it was 10 days of torture. But I then had my op on the 5th June. Once they have results appointments are quite regular.

Good luck with results I will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

• Hi, I am also waiting for biopsy results. Had a clear biopsy and mammogram in May, only for a lump to pop and be found in June on the other breast, my anxiety is making me crazy and I already feel like I’m losing myself. Have had a rash pop up since my biopsy, googled and yes well that’s made it a lot worse.

Jusy wanted to send you a big hug and say you’re not alone xx 

• Hi Bambie.

Thanks for your reply.  I am also petrified and trying to keep myself distracted.

I had thought I would tell my 3 adult children this weekend as I have visited them all. However I just couldn't say anything. Now I am thinking I will wait for the biopsy results.

It's very hard to keep it all in proportion and to stop oneself panicking. I certainly can't face telling anyone else.

Xx

• Hi Missymolly

Thanks for your very reassuring message.  I haven't been able to tell my 3 children as I just don't want to upset them. Now planning to tell them after biopsy results.

The doctors have been really good and very thoughtful but meanwhile it's such a scary and lonely feeling.  It's so helpful to have this forum.

Best wishes xx

• Hi knicnic

Thanks for your message and the big hug!

The anxiety is certainly very hard to handle. I'm trying to keep distracting myself but it's lurking there all the time. The nights are the worst.

I also blame myself for not realising this was a lump to worry about as I could have gone to the doctor's several months ago if I had really taken proper notice of it.

Many thanks xx