• 7 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Hi, 

After finding a lump end may gp appt, clinic, ladt week yes def grade 3 invasive ductal, still no results re oestrogen, progesterone or her2.... Hopefully back for wed appt, just touching base as feeling very overwhelmed and utterly unprepared for this battle ahead... Any advice greatly appreciated.. 

• Hi Upside down,

I had a lumpectomy just over two months ago and two lymph nodes removed. It is a shock when you are told and it is important you take a bit of time to let it register and sink in. It’s a bit of a scary time, but there is a lot you can do for yourself.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, or ring them on 0808 808 0000, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks and lots more. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting) and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system. It is important during the day to keep yourself occupied, hobbies, interests etc., it stops you from dwelling on what is going on. You may also find it beneficial to listen to a meditation podcast, they really help you to relax especially when you are trying to get to sleep. I use one called ‘Go Gently’ by Christine Elizabeth Smith, it does a lot for me. Whatever you do, don’t visit Dr Google, there is so much conflicting information that it just ends up stressing you out.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as you possibly can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity, above all, be kind to yourself - I promise you, you will get through this. You are never alone and can always come and chat to us shower in here.

Take care and big hugs.xxx

• Thank you, this is very helpful, I may try the sleep. Podcast.. And you are right after googling it's even worse so will stop that.. Increasing  the walking now tgat the weather is improving is important too I think... Best wishes fir your continued recovery, thanks. Xx
  • Hi Upside down, 

No worries, anytime, we’re all in this together.xxx

• Hi,

Recently diagnosed as well her2es+ had lumpectomy and nodes removed a few weeks ago. Good recovery from op but your head goes everywhere. Try yo take it step at a time. No matter what we are facing treatments have vastly improved. Don't google ask macmillan nurses. 

My next step is heart echo to make sure I cam have chemo then radiotherapy and hormone suppressants.

We can do this xx

• Ah thank you so much, I am overwhelmed by the support from eneryone on here.. Good luck with your treatment.. I will keep in touch with the forum as I'm finding it very helpful.. Sparkling heart

• I find it ironic that my husband is participating in  a 24 mile walk fundraiser for macmillan in 2 weeks time, it has been planned for many months and now here I am using the resources... 

• Hi, I just wanted to say I’m in the same position & timelines as you and really struggling. Trying to keep it together for my husband & little one. Left grade 3 invasive ductal, found out Weds but many more results still to come, hopefully this week. I’ve barely slept since I found out, having some v dark thoughts. I’m absolutely floored by this & not told family yet other than husband because I can’t deal with all the questions before I know everything that’s going on. No advice but just to say I’m in the same boat