Starting Abraxane after allergic reaction

• 5 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Hi all,I had a severe allergic reaction to paxital on April 22nd.It was my first chemo.I was told i would t ha e Paclitaxel again.Im due to start Abraxane on Thursday. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how did the Abraxane go.Im a little nervous as you can imagine.

• Hi Budsbails23

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you had a severe allergic reaction to paxital.  While I haven't had Abraxane I noticed that you haven't had any answers yet so I thought I'd reply to you to move you to the top of the discussion.  Hopefully someone will be along shortly with an answer for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Daisy 53,

Thank youGrinI had my first session today with Abraxane.No reaction ,so happy xx

• That's great to hear. xx

Community Champion Badge

• Hi. ...

I took bad a very bad reaction to paclitaxel last week, 3rd infusion and within seconds all drama broke out.

I have now been advised by my Oncologist that my chemotherapy has changed from weekly paclitaxel to 3 weekly Abraxane .... Starting tomorrow.

The side effects that were told to me by the Oncologist has really scared me, and I'm in a terrible state of worry.... Especially since the bad reaction to Paclitaxel.

Has anyone suffered badly on this ?

• Hi

Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction and are having to have treatment.

I had this too, the minute the first lot went in I starting to feel poorly.

I was changed onto the 3 week paxitaxel with protein in it and was absolutely fine, no reaction at all.

I hope this is what happens for you too.

Sending lots of love Heart️