Newly diagnosed

• 6 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi 

Went for my first mammogram got word to go back for a second one within about a week. They done a biopsy 3 separate tumours showing had the ultrasound and titanium markers put in on the 7th May. I was booked an appointment for the hospital for the 16th today. I have 3 possibly 4 confirmed cancerous 2 different types and also the lymph node was positive. I asked numerous questions never really got an answer. ER8 positive awaiting the HER confirmation if that’s correct. 
Consultation very disappointing told need a right mastectomy and chemo order awaiting confirmation. 

• Hi Amy18,

I am sorry to learn that you are going through this terrible ordeal. I know my situation is slightly different to yours, but I had a lumpectomy a month ago and two lymph nodes removed. It is a shock when you are told and it is important you take a bit of time to let it register and sink in. I can’t understand why you got none of the answers you wanted or why you were given a very disappointing consultation. They are there to be understanding and to help you through this, my medical team have been great.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks and lots more. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting)and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system. Whatever you do, do not search Dr Google, it only makes you feel worse then you are, but do try and talk to Macmillan if you can (0808 808 0000) they are like a life line and also try a little exercise each day if you can, I go on a Macmillan walk each week (just 45 mins) and an hour Macmillan exercise class every Thursday, it gets you out the house and meeting people.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as possible can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity. You are not alone and can always come and chat to us shower in here.

Take care and big hugs.xx

• Hi Amy18

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer and that you had a disappointing consultation.

Wishing you the best of luck with your operation and whatever further treatment you might need.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you it’s appreciated Thumbsup

• Hi. I’m sorry you’re having to go through this. I have also recently been diagnosed with invasive ductal cancer and ductal cancer in situ. I also have lymph node involvement. Had to have a mastectomy and lymph node removal. Now just starting chemo. It’s a horrible journey and hopefully they can treat it. This early part was the worse. The waiting for the plan and the seriousness of the cancer. Once you have a plan it’s easier but then uts also very frightening and you’ll go through lots of different emotions. I hope you have a good support around you x

• Hi RKD

Thank you. I wish you all the luck with your treatment I am really sorry this has happened to you at this point in you life.I have a 4 year old and good small support group. We stay positive and fight with all we have. 

• You too. I also have a 2 year old and am pregnant too x