Hello!

• 6 replies
  • 455 subscribers

Devastatingly got told I have grade 2 breast cancer last Wednesday, on my 38th birthday! MRI on Wednesday and follow up consultation on 15th. Terrified it’s spreading as I wait and can’t bare the thought of leaving my 1.5 year old daughter and husband. Just wanted to say hi! 

• Hi there, I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  I know it's such a difficult thing to handle and often our thoughts go to the worst case scenario. The way you're feeling sounds like a perfectly natural response.

It'll be 3mths next week since I received my diagnosis. My experience is that it's gotten easier to manage as I've found out more about my cancer and begun treatment. 

It's great that you've joined this forum, I've found it a wonderful resource and source of support. I've also found it really helpful to lean on trusted family and friends.

Take really good care, I wish you well with your MRI and follow up next week. S

• Hi Lau R

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer and that you were diagnosed on your birthday. As a general rule breast cancer doesn’t spread very fast particularly at grade 2.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your MRI and with whatever comes after that.

Best wishes.

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Lau R,

I had a lumpectomy nearly three weeks ago and two lymph nodes removed. It is a shock when you are told and it is important you take a bit of time to let it register and sink in.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks and lots more. They will also help you with telling your husband and daughter, I sure they will love and support you. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as possible can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity. You are not alone and can always come and chat to us shower in here.

Take care and big hugs.x

• Thank you so much!

• Thank you Daisy Heart

• I took a lot of comfort from your message, thankyou!