Stressed

• 3 replies
  • 456 subscribers

hi all I’m new, I’ve just been fast tracked to the breast clinic as my gp suspected I have breast cancer , I know it’s only suspected at the min but my mind is my own worse enemy’, I know there’s  probably a thousand other reasons why my boob is disfigured and has the massive lump in it but at the min I’m terrified that it’s the only reason it is like this, my family and friends have been fantastic, and I’m sorry I’m here while I’ve not been diagnosed but I don’t know where else to turn 

• Hi, Sorry you have joined this roller coaster ride. Nothing prepares you for the shock of waiting for that urgent referral and tests while thinking the worst (and we usually all think the worst). There are many reasons for lumps, bumps and shape changes, and you are doing the right thing getting it checked. Try not to Google things - it only makes you feel more anxious. I'm glad you have supportive family and friends and there's lots of support on here, whatever the outcome.

• Don’t worry Anna75 - this ‘waiting’ period is one of the worst times. Your mind goes into overdrive. Everything is out of your control. We’ve all been through this and fully understand. Fingers crossed for you. It may be benign, you just don’t know at this stage. I think most GPs fast track cases which is good. You’ll be seen soon and no doubt go through full testing in one visit ie mammogram, ultra sound and probably biopsy. They need to do this to be sure but it all goes very quickly from there. In the meantime try find distractions and keep busy. Sending hugs. Xx

• Hi Anna75

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you are facing a breast cancer diagnosis.  No need to apologise for being here before you are diagnosed plenty of people come on here before diagnosis as this is a great place for support.  It's perfectly understandable that you are scared.  A lot of lumps turn out to be benign but if it is breast cancer, it's very treatable and they keep coming up with new treatments all the time.

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment and please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge