LCIS

• 4 replies
  • 448 subscribers

Hi 

Just had results of MDT meeting and told biopsy shows LCIS again (had 2 biopsies last year for same and BC in 2019) but recommendations is a further biopsy to try remove all of it.

last year was told it was ok to leave and monitor so why remove it now ?

anyone had same issue please?

just goes on and on as now means more waiting … Cry

thanks 

• Hi Esta welcome to the forum. I'm a bit confused, so please excuse me for being like that . Why are they taking biopsies to remove the Lobular Cancer?  I would have thought that they would be operating to remove this and the biopsies would only confirm the type and extent of what is in the breast? 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Gail - I’m confused too ! 
    it isn’t cancer they say but LCIS - pre cancer cells. Same diagnosis as last year so just don’t understand why I need another biopsy.

my while journey since 2019 has been full of contradictions so I am already paranoid with whatever I am told, which obv doesn’t help.

thank you for your reply tho it’s appreciated x

• Hi, sorry you find yourself in this club and are confused by what is going on.  I was diagnosed September 2022 with Tubular breast cancer.  Following surgery my margins showed as having DCIS.  As this is precancerous my surgeon operated a second time to remove it.  He said DCIS can turn to cancer in ten years.  Perhaps your surgeon is monitoring your situation.  If you have a breast care nurse you could ask her to help you understand what is going on. 

• Thank you for the reply. I hope you ar snow out of treatment and doing well.

I have reached out to the nurses and waiting a call and also trying to get a private consult with a surgeon- I just need to understand what is behind the decision to biopsy again.

thanks again