First time posting

• 3 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hey everyone I have been quietly watching this group and learning up till now so thanks everyone . still haven’t really got a clue 

hugs to all that need it xx

• Hi Kaz11

Welcome to the forum and I’m sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  The WLE stands for Wide Local excision, SN means Sentinel Node biopsy which are the first nodes from the breast area.

However I don’t know what a batwing mammoplasty is. Hopefully someone who knows what that one is will be able to enlighten you. Or you could ring your breast care nurse ask ask them what it means.

What comes next will depend on your results. You may have to have chemo and radiotherapy. You may also be put on an anti-hormone tablet for between five and ten years.

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi daisy thanks for replying. 
    I thought there were nurses on here to explain things maybe I got it all a bit mixed up seem to be doing a lot of that lately x

• Hi Kaz11

There is our Ask a nurse section on the website which you can post in as well though you  have to wait for up to three days for an answer.  Here's the link to it: Ask a Nurse 

Daisy 53 x

Community Champion Badge